The way consumers shop is changing. The rise of subscription services and mobile purchasing has made establishing an outstanding customer experience a critical requirement for any company— and one that has a powerful impression on a brand’s perceived value. While these trends can translate into faster conversion rates and a higher customer LTV, they come with a complicated price tag: how do you create and maintain an efficient and consistent customer experience? Creating an exceptional eCommerce experience is crucial to any brand’s success, as customers can be unforgiving; complicated checkout pages can lead to abandoned carts and consumers stop shopping with a retailer if they experience a delay with their delivery – even when the retailer is not at fault.
In an effort to differentiate themselves in a competitive market, massive online retailers continuously introduce new premium features. (In 2019, both Amazon and Walmart announced massive investments, upgrading their internal infrastructures to implement free one day shipping in the United States.) As a result, consumers have acclimated and now expect features like transparent fast and free shipping from all of their online purchases. As the competition grows, logistics become increasingly complex, and margins get tighter.
eCommerce retailers are on the hook for their entire customer experience – a task that can be unknowingly complicated by their own customers. On the surface, it appears that there is little to be done that can ease this burden. However, by having a more thorough understanding of where your customers are located, you can increase the ways in which you know them.
Improve Your Operations with Address Verification
An address verification API can help you enrich and correct your customer data. These solutions allow you to programmatically validate an address’s deliverability, while returning metadata that enhances your operational insight, while reducing overhead. Implementing an address verification API allows you to save time, eliminate errors, automate checks and balances, and increase the quality of your data – at scale.
Address verification solutions increase your depth of customer knowledge, by creating a more precise definition of where they are located. Using an address verification solution, you can:
- Cleanse and enrich your data: Standardize and deduplicate every address entered into your CRM, automating database maintenance. Enhance your understanding by programmatically capturing information like courier and deliverability restrictions.
- Refine your checkout experience: Automatically suggest deliverable addresses, decreasing the time it takes to complete the checkout process and increasing your conversion rates.
- Standardize global information: Since addresses are regionally formatted, it can be a challenge to combine global data sets. Verified addresses contain metadata that allow you to consistently reference a locations around the world.
- Increase operational efficiency while saving money: Sending undeliverable packages doubles postage costs. Redelivering an order triples postage costs. Capture valid addresses to decrease your postage costs and eliminate deliverability errors.
- Reduce fraud: By only interacting with legitimate addresses, you’ll be able to identify fraudulent activity before the transaction goes through.
The Lob Address Verification API
Lob has verified over 1 billion addresses across the globe and has helped companies like Sam’s Club, SmileDirectClub, Booking.com, CapitalOne, and CouchSurfing verify addresses, cleanse customer data, and automate their direct mail campaigns. With the Lob Address Verification API, you get advanced insights and functionality that can evolve your operations. Here is a highlight of some of the capabilities that you’ll get with Lob:
- Address Auto-Complete: As customers enter their addresses, suggestions for deliverable addresses will automatically populate. This feature decreases the time it takes to complete your checkout process and ensures you’ll only ship to validated addresses.
- Intelligent Address Correction: Correct misspellings, populate missing information and format addresses to ensure your address book is clean and up to date.
- CASS Certified: Our software meets USPS address verification requirements. Every US address is returned with USPS metadata, which contains a lot more information than you might get from more simple or lightweight solutions.
- Globally Connected: Verify addresses from around the world, the Lob Address Verification API can verify addresses in 240 countries.
- Address Enrichment: Combine metadata to capture unique insights on your address book. Identify courier sorting data that can get you discounts on postage with faster delivery times. Know restrictions that can impact your courier’s ability to deliver from ZIP and address types.
- Agile + Robust Scaling: Lob Address Verification API was built with developers in mind: our solutions are well documented, and integrate with your customer data platforms. Additionally, our API is flexible and returns verifications quickly, regardless of volume.
Get Started with Address Verification and Reduce Bad Quality Address Data to Save
Address verification software makes using poor quality address data is a thing of the past, but as a growing number of retailers adopt address verification technologies, it’s becoming increasingly important to find the right technology partner for your needs.
Lob Address Verification API enables you to send mail to the right place, at the right time— every time. We’ve seen customers reduce their shipping costs by 15% and eliminate entire customer churn segments. By removing the root cause of common customer-facing problems, Lob Address Verification API has saved thousands of hours for fulfillment and support teams. With our flexible API, thorough documentation, and over 30 integration partners implementing Lob is easy, with some of our customers having it done in less than 1 day. Our technology is designed to free up your internal resources, enabling you to focus on running your operations.
- Try Lob Address Verification for free (with 300 free verifications)
- Watch the Lob Address Verification product video in action
- Access to API documentation
Learn how address verification can change the way you understand your customers to streamline delivery logistics and reduce operational costs in our upcoming live webinar on September 10 @ 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET. You’ll hear Lob and Arka, a custom packaging solutions company, talk about how you can leverage your brand presence to increase sales and utilize data to create a memorable customer experience strategy.