Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs for the enterprise. Our most popular API is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. We are growing our customer base and product offerings quickly and are looking for our first solutions architect to help shape the future of Lob.
As the first Solutions Architect, you will drive customer satisfaction and revenue by advising our largest customers on the value of Lob’s technology. You will master all technical aspects of the sale and assist with customer implementation of Lob’s APIs. You will partner with our Sales teams to provide the right solution to the customer while working closely with our Operations and Product teams to help influence the direction of the product.
The successful candidate can communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers, has the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast paced environment. If you’re an established solutions architect professional with a consistent track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should chat.
As a solutions architect, you'll...
- Lead technically oriented conversations with customers
- Design, create, and present web-based prototypes, demos, and proofs of concept to a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders
- Support and advise customers on their API integration
- Manage, build, and implement complex technical solutions on behalf of Lob’s customers
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for our platform at strategic conferences, Interactive customer events, webinars, etc.
- Provide coaching to the Sales team to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Establish best practices and create product training for new Lob customers
For this role, we're looking for...
- 3 to 7 years in a customer-facing technical role as a solutions architect
- Familiarity with API development and service integrations
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Consistent track record of successfully overcoming technical and security challenges with customers
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks