Business Operations | San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs to simplify and automate enterprise workflows. Our most popular product is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. With a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings, Lob is looking for talented individuals to join our team and shape the future of our company.
Our goal at Lob is to surface complex real-world infrastructure to businesses of all sizes via robust technology products. Lob’s Partner Operations team owns the entire supply side of the business, which is ultimately responsible for understanding the intricacies of our physical supply chain and gleaning insights to drive and optimize the execution of our core products. The team implements rigorous operations management principles to derive and manage metrics like quality, speed, deliverability, and cost, all in service of delivering a world-class experience for Lob’s customers.
This role requires a unique mix of analytical and interpersonal skills. You will need to be comfortable using raw data to quickly understand trends in supply and demand, as well as the ability to manage and guide the performance of our production nodes based on those trends. Intellectual curiosity, relentlessness, a solutions-oriented mindset, and highly refined people skills are required in this role. This is an intense, business-side role which has a direct impact on the growth and scalability of Lob’s supply-side infrastructure.
As a Partnerships Manager you'll...
- Establish new supplier relationships to both expand Lob’s existing production capabilities and support the launch of new products and features
- Interface with Lob’s Partners in order to manage performance, resolve issues, and launch new projects
- Analyze data in real-time across Lob’s supply chain to surface insights into Key Performance Indicators to the entire Lob team on a regular cadence
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to build systems that integrate Lob’s technology with production & fulfillment nodes across the country
- Build intelligence into the logistics of routing between production nodes. Balance performance with economics, ultimately optimizing for the speed of delivery of mail pieces on behalf of all Lob customers
- Implement QA/QC processes & procedures across our entire supply chain as it relates to all of Lob’s products
- Develop documentation & knowledge center around all aspects of Lob’s supply chain for the company to use as the main resource for all things production & fulfillment related
- Lead new product initiatives that give customers meaningful and actionable insights into the logistics behind all of our technology products
For this role, we're looking for...
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence external teams to perform at a higher standard to ensure a world-class experience for our customers
- Data-driven and automation-centric mindset to make key business decisions through critical thinking and in-depth analysis
- Relentless attitude towards solving ambiguous, novel, and unpredictable challenges in a quick and efficient manner
- Strong understanding of complex business models and their tradeoffs to use as insight in shaping Lob’s long-term business model across different products
- 4-7 years of professional experience in a highly analytical and strategy-oriented role
- SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks