Head of Engineering
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs for the enterprise. Our most popular API is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. We are growing our customer base and product offerings quickly and are looking for a Head of Engineering to join our team and shape the future of Lob.
- Mentor and coach the engineers on the team, helping them to develop as leaders
- Build roadmaps and long-term team vision in partnership with the Product team
- Be accountable for driving project execution
- Define company goals, strategy, and vision to help grow the business
- Evaluate resourcing needs and help fill them through sourcing and interviewing
- Represent Lob in industry events, and help promote the Lob Engineering brand
- Guide employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior members while coaching senior contributors to maximize their potential. Write performance evaluations, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience, at least 2 of which should include managing managers
- Experience leading an engineering team at a high-growth company
- Enough technical experience to be able to talk to engineers about architecture and product decisions
- A proven history of shipping products with multi-functional teams
- Strong prioritization skills. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
Why work at Lob?
Built with developers in mind, Lob provides tools that allow businesses to build scalable and powerful applications. The most popular API is a print and mail API that enables companies to send postcards, letters, checks, photos, and more as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is based in San Francisco, CA and is venture backed with over 5000 customers including Intuit, LendUp, Porch, and Ubiquiti Networks.
We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We are looking to grow our team with talented and driven people who share our vision that APIs will eat up the world. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and the ability to help dictate our product roadmap. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks