Marketing Manager - Demand Generation
Marketing | San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs to automate enterprise workflows. Our most popular API is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. We are growing our customer base and product offerings quickly and are looking a talented individual to join our team and shape the future of Lob.
We are seeking an experienced marketing manager focused on demand generation to be one of the first marketing hires at Lob. Lob relies on content, email marketing, events, and paid user acquisition to drive traffic. As an early marketing hire, you will develop and drive a world-class marketing strategy. You will own the effort to drive new business into the developer funnel through the use of paid advertising, website optimization, email optimization, and marketing automation.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to be the first one to build Lob into a market leader in enterprise APIs and automated direct mail.
- Paid User Acquisition - Optimize, expand, and analyze paid advertising channels including Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. This will involve creation of digital assets required to support campaign initiatives - landing pages, display assets/copy, SEM copy & keyword targeting, and any other related tactical needs.
- Manage Email Campaigns - Own our email calendar and manage customer marketing. This will include managing template designs, calls-to-action, and timing.
- Manage Webinars - Run webinars covering best practices, new product launches and features, and insights for customers
- Social Media - Manage Lob’s social media including regular postings, responding to customers, and driving inbound leads.
- Define and Drive KPIs - What user acquisition cost do we need to achieve to achieve profitability in digital advertising? This may vary by channel and the quality of leads we get from a channel.
- Define Expectations and Drive Reporting - Give teams the feedback required to understand the effort and bring an experiment into success. Report on MQLs, spend, and overall marketing performance.
- 4+ years in a B2B marketing environment; experience with account-based marketing preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience with marketing automation.
- Self-sufficient, capable of working in small teams with a lot of responsibility.
- Working knowledge and demonstrable track record with optimization of a digital funnel and the tools involved - Optimizely, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.
- Technical background preferred, or comparable in-field experience.
Why work at Lob?
Built with developers in mind, Lob provides tools that allow businesses to build scalable and powerful applications. The most popular API is a print and mail API that enables companies to send postcards, letters, checks, photos, and more as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is based in San Francisco, CA and is venture backed with over 5000 customers including Amazon, Square, and Oscar Insurance.
We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We are looking to grow our team with talented and driven people who share our vision that APIs will eat up the world. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and the ability to help dictate our product roadmap. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Open vacation policy that’s actually put to use!
- Parental Leave Policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks. (Our fridge is always stocked!)
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you'll directly shape the direction of our company