Senior Product Designer
Design | San Francisco, CA
As a member of Lob’s product design team, you will have the rare opportunity to craft the product roadmap, contribute to defining design and branding standard methodologies, and build great products that are groundbreaking in their spaces. Product Design is a small team and integral part of Lob. You enjoy learning about, and implementing, the latest technologies. We’re looking for a senior designer to join and help us achieve many of the goals we have on our roadmap. Because of our tiny size, designers wear many hats: one day you may be working on user research and testing, the next day you may be focused solely on wire-framing new product specs. You are passionate about being a part of the next wave of APIs that will change the way businesses operate.
- Apply strategic visual thinking to deliver end-to-end user experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business objectives
- Build extraordinary, user-centered, designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- Utilize industry design standards and standard methodologies to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs
- Collaborate effectively with engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Utilize your deep knowledge of experience design to optimize our current UX. Your goal is to reduce friction anywhere you see it
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, executives and external partners for review and feedback
- Support sales, growth, and marketing teams in creating usable assets and one-pagers
- Guide other members of the team and serve as a mentor for junior hires
- 3+ years experience in interaction design/UX, visual design/UI
- The confidence to speak your mind and the eloquence to do so effectively
- Web experience strongly preferred and an understanding of CSS and HTML. You don’t need to be an expert, but you should be willing to learn
- An inclination toward learning and teaching
- Deep understanding of the user-centered design process, with a proven ability to deliver projects
- Ability to connect design decisions back to business objectives, and to work with partners, like the engineering and product teams, to build consensus
- Extraordinary communication skills, and the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company
- Able to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- Ability to provide detailed specifications, mockups/prototypes, and style guides
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Why work at Lob?
Built with developers in mind, Lob provides tools that allow businesses to build scalable and powerful applications. The most popular API is a print and mail API that enables companies to send postcards, letters, checks, and more as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is based in San Francisco, CA and is venture backed with over 5000 customers including Intuit, LendUp, Porch, and Ubiquiti Networks.
We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We are looking to grow our team with talented and driven people who share our vision that APIs will eat up the world. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and the ability to help instruct our product roadmap. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks