Senior Product Designer
Design | San Francisco, CA
As the first full-time member of Lob’s product design team, you will have the unique opportunity to design and deliver great products that help businesses automate the offline world. As a key member of the Product team and reporting to the VP of Product, you will help define methodologies and best practices that make product design a center of excellence at Lob. As a fast-growing start-up, Lob designers wear many hats, from performing user research, to sketching UX wireframes and building clickable prototypes, to creating high resolution visual designs.
- Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end product designs with a focus on user needs and business objectives.
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements.
- Build extraordinary, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings.
- Utilize industry standards and common patterns to define and implement design guidelines and specific project design specs.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes.
- Utilize your deep knowledge of experience design to optimize our current user experience. Your goal is to reduce friction anywhere you see it.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications.
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, executives, customers and external partners for review and feedback.
- Collaborate effectively with engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members to execute against your designs.
- Develop product design best practices at Lob and serve as a mentor for junior hires over time.
- 5+ years experience in product design, user testing and research, UX / interaction design, and visual design.
- Deep understanding of the user-centered design process, with a proven ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to connect design decisions back to business objectives, and to work cross-functionally across engineering, product management and other teams to build consensus.
- Proficiency in user testing and research methodologies.
- Ability to produce high quality sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes, pixel-perfect visual designs, style guides and more.
- Able to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just “how it should look” but “what we should build and why”).
- Prior experience designing compelling B2B applications. Web and/or SaaS application experience strongly preferred.
- Extraordinary communication and leadership skills, including the ability to clearly explain design decisions and the importance of following key design methodologies to anyone in the company. The confidence to speak your mind and the eloquence to do so effectively.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools including Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. A solid understanding of CSS and HTML is preferred.
- The ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, including a strong inclination towards rapid iteration based upon user feedback.
Why work at Lob?
Built with developers in mind, Lob provides tools that allow businesses to build scalable and powerful applications. The most popular API is a print and mail API that enables companies to send postcards, letters, checks, and more as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture backed with over 6000 customers including Intuit, Square, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco, CA, and we are looking to grow our team with talented and driven people who share our vision that APIs will eat up the world. You will be given a lot of responsibility and the ability to help instruct our product roadmap, while having fun at work and engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks