Head of Product Marketing
Marketing | San Francisco, CA
The multi-billion-dollar direct mail industry has been left out of the digital age, and it’s costing companies billions in wasted time and unrealized growth. Lob automates direct mail & address verification for modern businesses. More than 5,000 companies use Lob’s APIs to move faster and create new growth opportunities. One in four U.S. households have received mail generated through Lob’s platform.
As the Head of Product Marketing, you'll lead a world-class function, coaching and inspiring your team to achieve our business goals and their personal growth goals. We are looking for a hands-on, motivated individual who can continue scaling Lob’s messaging and positioning across all of our product offerings, and unlocking new market opportunities. You will collaborate cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product management, and other functional areas, and drive product marketing excellence and best practices at a dynamic and fast-growing startup.
As the Head of Product Marketing, you’ll...
- Lead and motivate a high-performing product marketing team
- Ensure our product positioning and messaging differentiates Lob’s product suite in the marketplace and resonates with our target customers
- Strong thought leadership and storytelling skills that effectively resonate with both external and internal stakeholders, as well as local, regional, and global audiences.
- Collaborate with product, sales and success teams to create a winning go-to-market strategy for our products
- Communicate Lob’s product capabilities and differentiation to the sales team, and develop effective sales presentations, training materials, and other tools that help them create and close pipeline
- Plan the launch of new product releases and lead cross-functional execution against that plan
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to become an authority on our customers, competition, and product capabilities
- Develop methodologies and a repeatable playbook that establishes Lob’s excellence in product marketing
- Develop content strategy that reinforces lob messaging in the marketplace
- Lead and scale customer marketing function
For this role, we're looking for...
- 8+ years of relevant product marketing experience at fast growing, B2B SaaS technology companies. 2+ years of relevant team management experience
- Expertise in creating compelling positioning, messaging, and thought leadership content
- High energy, confidence, and creativity, balanced with an ability to successfully drive projects to completion with a strong attention to detail and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective
- Extraordinary written and public speaking skills, with the ability to craft and deliver inspirational stories to diverse audiences (ranging from enterprise CxOs to our developer community) of all sizes
- A collaborative mindset and track record of managing cross-functional teams to drive strong execution
- Leadership skills and an aptitude for developing repeatable best practices for Lob
- Curiosity and passion for the vision, market, and opportunity that Lob is pursuing
- A technical background and prior experience with APIs are preferred
- Experience launching products in new markets is preferred
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals