Revenue Accounting Manager
Finance | San Francisco, CA
Lob is seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager to help develop our revenue recognition policy, shape our revenue recognition infrastructure and establish processes that will scale with the expansion of the business. This role will also be responsible for revenue-related month-end close procedures, ensuring timely & accurate financial reporting. The ideal candidate has demonstrated expertise in revenue recognition (particularly ASC 606) and has experience with process/systems implementation.
As a Revenue Accounting Manager, you'll...
- Design, document and implement effective accounting policies and procedures following an impact assessment of ASC 606
- Partner with various teams to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business developments
- Own the cost of revenue recognition process which requires an understanding of supply chain relationships, billing methodology, and working closely with internal Operations teams to ensure US GAAP-compliant reporting and assessment of margin analysis on a monthly basis
- Manage the month-end close revenue and cost of revenue recognition procedures, as well as related balance sheet reconciliations and flux analyses for monthly management reporting
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support company-wide initiatives, such as new product launches to ensure compliance of revenue recognition policies
- Support new system implementations and integrations
- As Lob continues to grow and scale, so will the function and responsibilities of this role. This role will have no direct-reports at this time
For this role, we're looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CA certification required
- 7+ years of accounting experience, preferably with Big 4 and industry/relevant financial reporting experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and to make actionable recommendations and to help build and refine processes.
- Ability to identify pertinent issues as they arise, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present this information to management
- Strong MS Excel skills with the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets, build reports, etc.
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, written, presentation)
- Experience with NetSuite and revenue automation tools is preferred
- Experience in SaaS revenue recognition is a plus
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Apply to Job