Senior Product Manager, Search & Analytics
Product | San Francisco, CA
We believe the world will become drastically more programmable in the next few years. We see the evolution of enterprise software in the growing API economy. At Lob, our goal is to build APIs for businesses to increase the connectivity between the online and offline worlds. Companies like Booking.com, Twitter, and Betterment use Lob’s APIs to communicate with their customers through physical media. As customers make millions of requests per day, Lob processes and triggers millions of mailings to individuals and businesses across the country. In fact, 1 in 4 households in the US has received a piece of mail sent via Lob.
So where do you come in?
We are looking for a Product leader for our Search & Analytics team. This person will own the design, performance, and intelligence of our search and analytics functionality.
A key differentiator of Lob’s Print & Mail solution is the tracking and visibility that we offer to customers. As an API company, a core competency is our ability to plug into data sources around the world and derive unique and comprehensive metrics that give customers real-time insight into their progress and performance. Currently bare bones, we are looking for a design-oriented Product Manager to dive into a wealth of data and transform our customer dashboard into an engaging product experience. Our search & analytics products have huge potential to empower our customers to make better business decisions and expand their usage of the API. Success in this role directly translates to driving revenue for the business.
As the Senior Product Manager for Search & Analytics, you’ll…
- Identify, prioritize, and deliver product features to increase adoption, performance and platform revenue
- Think and operate strategically to ensure that your product roadmap supports Lob’s overall company objectives. Articulate and validate your roadmap both internally with leaders and externally with customers and partners
- Collaborate closely with Lob’s engineering team to execute product plans in an iterative and timely manner
- Be the domain expert for your product with a comprehensive understanding of customer feedback, competitive drivers, and market dynamics shape your product’s direction
- Leverage business metrics as well as meetings with customers, internal stakeholders, partners, and industry leaders to develop a perspective on how your product is being used and where to take the product next
- Translate your product roadmap into prioritized user stories and detailed specs. Drive UI and API design, working closely with designers to build and test UI wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Help drive field enablement for new feature releases, as well as core positioning and messaging for your product
- Drive process improvements that benefit the product management team at large
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience at world-class organizations
- 7+ years of overall product development experience, including prior hands-on experience as a software developer
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with product design, engineering, and other cross-functional teams
- Prior experience building or working with APIs
- Strong product design skills from both a UI and technical API perspective
- Experience transforming business and product strategy into well-articulated product specs, using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform product direction and priorities
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, an attention to detail, and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective
- Passion for the vision, market and opportunity that Lob is pursuing
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Apply to Job