VP of Engineering
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Our team builds APIs that power the offline world. We started with our print and mail API, which helps developers programmatically send, route, and track physical mail at scale. One in four households in the USA has received mail through Lob.
As the VP of Engineering, you'll...
- Lead Engineering team of 30+ Engineers and Engineering Managers
- Join Lob’s Leadership Team to help define company goals, strategy, and vision to help grow the business
- Partner with teams and stakeholders throughout the company to understand user needs and deliver results that delight Lob customers
- Mentor and coach the engineers on the team, helping them to develop as leaders
- Evaluate resourcing needs and partner with Talent to create sourcing and recruiting strategies
- Recruit, engage, and retain the best problem-solvers and collaborators in an effort to double the engineering team YoY.
- Build diverse, inclusive teams, where everyone feels comfortable and safe being themselves at work
- Represent Lob in industry events, and help promote the Lob Engineering brand
- Guide employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior members while coaching senior contributors to maximize their potential
- Write performance evaluations, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans
- Create and build positive relationships with data and technology partners outside the company
For this role, we’re looking for...
- At least 5+ years of engineering management experience, at least 2+ of which should include managing managers
- Experience leading engineering at a high-growth company
- Proven recruiting experience hiring engineers, managers and directors.
- A track record of successful technical project leadership, engineering work at the senior level, and solving complex technical challenges at web-scale.
- Experience weighing difficult trade-offs and ability to share what you’ve learned from them
- A proven history of shipping products with multi-functional teams
- Strong prioritization skills. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Well-funded: $29.4M raised from top-tier investors including Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.
- Experienced leadership: Lob’s executive team features seasoned leaders from companies such as Zuora, Airbnb, Microsoft, and Stitch Fix.
- Market traction: Triple-digit revenue growth; 450+ customers with marquee clients such as Walmart, Amazon, Facebook, Square, Capital One, and Booking.com.
- Market opportunity: Lob is poised to capture a large share of a $70B+ market. It’s a massive TAM.
- Category defining and leading technology. Deep, differentiated and proven IP with no competition in the space.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals