Sales | San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs for the enterprise. Our most popular API is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. We are growing our customer base and product offerings quickly and are looking for our first Sales Engineer to help shape the future of Lob.
As the first Sales Engineer, you will drive customer satisfaction and revenue by advising our customers on the value of Lob’s technology. You will master all technical aspects of the sale and assist with customer testing and integration planning of Lob’s APIs. You will partner with our Sales team to provide the right solution to the customer while working closely with our Operations and Product teams to help influence the direction of the product.
The candidate who will be successful in this role can communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers, can shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. If you’re an established Sales Engineer professional with a consistent track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should chat.
As a Sales Engineer at Lob, you'll...
- Lead technically oriented conversations with customers
- Design, create, and present web-based prototypes, demos, and proofs of concept to a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders
- Support and advise customers on their API integration plans
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for our platform at strategic conferences, interactive customer events, webinars, etc.
- Provide coaching to the Sales team to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Establish best practices and create product training for new Lob customers and employees
For this role, we're looking for...
- 3-5 years in a customer-facing, pre-sales technical role as a Sales Engineer or equivalent title
- Familiarity with API development and service integrations
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within the organization
- Consistent track record of successfully overcoming technical and security challenges with customers
For this role, we're looking for...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.