Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst
Finance | San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst to help deliver mission-critical insights to our business. In this position, you will be a key member of the finance team and will be responsible for building and improving forecast models, providing strategic decision support for Management through ad hoc analysis, and partnering cross-functionally to build and manage departmental budgets. You will uncover & deliver insights to the leadership team and advise important business decisions that impact Lob’s customers, partners, and employees.
As a Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst, you’ll…
- Build, maintain and enhance Lob’s company financial model
- Work with Management and functional leaders to create and monitor progress against the annual budget
- Prepare and review monthly reporting packages including detailed financial analysis; contribute insightful financial commentaries and documents to support key financial deliverables
- Assist Management to identify and evaluate strategic initiatives; coordinate projects to address these strategic opportunities / risks.
- Develop and standardize reporting across orgs to educate and influence key stakeholders
- Provide analytical support for cross-functional partners including: sales, marketing, operations and product
- Create meaningful presentations for Management, Lob’s Board of Directors, and investors that provide not just data, but insights
- Assist in executing business-critical functions such as billing operations
What you will bring to this role…
- 4-7 years of Consulting, Investment Banking, Accounting or other relevant professional experience in a highly analytical role
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint and demonstrated experience in modelling, analysis, research and presentation creation
- Proven track record of defining and executing quantitative analyses with limited supervision; exceptional analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and pride in accuracy
- Resourcefulness when it comes to researching and gathering data to make informed business decisions around products and features
- Comfort in dealing with and solving ambiguous, novel, and unpredictable challenges in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in cross-functional role
- SQL skills (preferred)
- Grit, creativity, hustle, and a hands-on approach
- Passion for Lob and our mission
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals