Learning & Development Strategy Manager
People Operations | San Francisco, CA
Lob is seeking a Learning & Development Strategy Manager responsible for learning and development strategy and design. Lob’s vision is to create a company where people want to work for 30+ years and the People team’s charge is to create the conditions for flourishing. We place a huge emphasis on learning and development, growth, and authenticity as a means to create this vision. We are looking for someone to bring this to life through Lobster Academies that have a transformative impact on employee engagement and performance, enabling Lob to be an enduring business and an employer of choice.
As a senior member of the Lob People team, your work will directly contribute to the team, culture, and identity of the People Function, as well as, Lob. This role reports to the Head of Organizational Development.
As the Learning & Development Strategy Manager, you’ll...
- Lead the design and development of a comprehensive learning and development strategy by identifying the most high-impact content areas, selecting the appropriate modes of learning, deciding what we build and what we outsource, implementing a learning integration plan, and measuring the effectiveness of the learning strategies.
- Manage the overall roadmap of learning priorities and initiatives ensure we are staying on track and have the resources needed to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Partner with business leaders and organizational partners to continually assess the state of Lob’s talent and adjust our learning and development strategies to reflect those insights.
- Develop compelling Learning & Development academies for all Lobsters (including People Managers) with content that grows their personal and professional impact and effectiveness.
- Develop company-wide programs that teach and strengthen our values.
- Design innovative in-person and virtual learning experiences by developing training content, facilitator guides, websites, job aids and other learning collateral.
- Partner with the Organizational Development Program Manager and the Employee Experience team to implement learning programs.
- Communicate directly with cross-functional partners, SMEs and external partners, so they stay informed and know what’s expected of them.
- Establish the learning brand aesthetic and lead marketing for Lobster academies.
- Develop and facilitate people manager Learning Labs to reinforce learning content and help managers integrate that skill back into their day to day.
- Research, scope, and implement a Learning Management System that helps Lob measure and track the ROI around development.
- Build a data-driven learning culture by measuring the effectiveness of learning programs, reporting out, and using data insights to shape our learning roadmap and priorities.
- Stay connected to the competitive landscape, including trends in learning and development.
What you will bring to this role...
- Possess 5-7 years of overall work experience.
- Have 1-3 years of position specific experience.
- A flair for the creative and love of building programs from the ground up, with the project management skills to bring your ideas to fruition.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with all levels and across functions, involving the right people at the right time across the business.
- Ability to present to groups at all levels and answer questions with poise and confidence, while relating in an approachable manner.
- Forward-thinking, big-picture questions to help cross-functional teams come to the best solutions.
- Strong, progressive working knowledge of learning and development programs that unlock employee potential.
- A proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and versatility to manage multiple projects, priorities and sometimes urgent issues where no clear precedent has been set.
- Clarity and a strong POV around what success looks like and ability to bring your stakeholders along to achieve goals.
- Detail-oriented and a systems thinking approach to problem solving, and understand how things affect one another in an overall system.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and able to shift directions quickly when priorities change.
- Experience designing learning collateral with various tools including GSuite, Articulate, Camtasia and Photoshop/Illustrator.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals