Senior Manager of Employee Experience
People Operations | San Francisco, CA
Lob is seeking a Leader for our Employee Experience function responsible for curating and orchestrating a healthy, vibrant employee experience from onboarding to offboarding. Specifically, the scope of the role includes Benefits programs, Rewards & Recognition, Office Operations, Performance Management, Policy Administration, Mobility, Immigration, and Employee Relations. As a member of the Lob People team, your work will directly contribute to the team, culture, and the future of Lob. This role will report directly to the VP of People and will sit on the People Leadership team.
As the Senior Manager of Employee Experience, you will...
- Grow, develop, and inspire an eclectic team of individual contributors that make up the Employee Experience team
- Oversee management of all Lob’s benefits and providers, including rate renewal negotiations, claims handling, market surveys, open enrollment communication and meetings
- Ensure employee recognition programs & events drive engagement and a strong sense of community and belongingness.
- Ensure our office operations and environment are aligned with Lob’s values and the EEx team is curating amazing guest and employee experiences
- Manage the bi-annual feedback management process (i.e. retros), including audience-specific communications and training to ensure the organization and our culture gets the maximum benefit from the practice; partner with Org Development to optimize the process as the Lob team grows and evolves
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to evolve the company’s compensation philosophy and salary administration, structure, and systems
- Manage our compensation practices around key touch points i.e. new hire offers, promotions, and annual market adjustments
- Lead the development, communication and effective implementation of People policies as needed
- Manage our immigration and mobility practices and external vendor partners to support our efforts to attract and retain top talent.
- Manage external partner relationships in service to the Employee Experience team’s scope and ensure high quality service and support.
- Provide guidance and timely follow-up to employee and manager inquiries related to People policies, new hire onboarding, HR tech and systems, benefits, Leaves of Absence, etc.
- Counsel employees & managers on employee relations issues and practices; ensures performance interventions & terminations are carried out legally & consistently. Ensure a dignified and compassionate off-boarding experience for all exiting employees
- Ensure Lob stays compliant with all Federal and State employment laws
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 5-7 years of professional experience in People (Human Resources); strong HR Generalist background preferred
- 2+ years leading a high performing team
- Strong organization and project management skills with a proven ability to create simple, sustainable and organized processes and systems that have strong adoption post implementation
- An effective communicator and collaborator with strong interpersonal skills; strong comfort in giving and receiving affirming and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis
- Curiosity and a deep appreciation for the details and the big picture
- Ability to be strategic and hands-on with a large variety of concurrent priorities
- Ability to build, develop and maintain healthy relationships with leadership, managers, employees and vendor partners
- Composure and courage with the ability to gracefully manage strong emotions in yourself and others; maintaining a focus on the bigger picture and mission at hand
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain confidentiality; you are a model of integrity
- Solid knowledge of HR practices and principles; certification Preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM- SCP)
- Excellent command of various federal, state and local employment practices laws & regulations
- Computer competency with Google suite products; tech savvy; Essential technical skills: HRMS, Excel, Slack, Google Suite (doc, slides, sheets)
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work.
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.