Senior Manager of International Partnerships
Business Operations | San Francisco, CA
Our goal at Lob is to surface complex, real-world infrastructure to businesses of all sizes via modern technology products. Lob’s Partner Operations team owns the entire supply side of the business -- specifically the global ecosystem of partners that power Lob’s API solutions.
The Partner Operations team is responsible for building relationships within the print and postal industries, developing a deep understanding of our supply chain, and gleaning insights from downstream operating practices to drive our core product roadmap. The team leverages rigorous operations management principles to derive and manage metrics like quality, speed, deliverability, and cost -- all in service of delivering a world-class experience for Lob’s customers.
As the Senior Manager of International Partnerships, you’ll be responsible for building and operating Lob’s International Print Delivery Network. You will be leading a partnerships team and collaborating within and outside of the organization to define and drive Lob’s international expansion.
You will need to build instincts and insight around trends in supply and demand, and drive the performance of our partner ecosystem based on those trends. This role will require you to set expectations at the team and executive level, and influence operating practices internally and externally. It requires a unique mix of decision-making rigor, strong people management skills, and executive presence. This is an intense, business-side role which has a direct impact on the growth and scalability of Lob’s platform.
As a Sr. Manager of International Partnerships, you’ll...
- Build and develop a world class partner management team that can accelerate Lob’s footprint overseas
- Collaborate with Lob’s leadership to set our international expansion strategy for the next 2 years
- Develop processes that enable your team to grow Lob’s partner network, establish operational excellence, and manage ongoing performance of international partners
- Lead global cross-functional teams to craft new partnerships that directly impact Lob’s top-level business objectives
- Establish a strong understanding of business models, evaluate tradeoffs, and communicate financial implications effectively across the organization
For this role, we’re looking for...
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence
- Strong people management skills with an aptitude for coaching and team development
- Experience building and managing an ecosystem of partners, especially in Europe and/or Asia
- Experience developing long-term partner relationships (preferably product-facing) that drive company performance
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams to launch new products, features, or functionality
- Strong international negotiation and deal-making skills
- An operations mindset and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Intellectual curiosity and relentless attitude towards problem-solving
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision make the world programmable. Our business model is incredibly sustainable with thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Our problems are complicated and our solutions have real-world impact
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth.
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks