Finance | San Francisco, CA
Lob is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance team. This role will play an integral part in our financial reporting process, policy development and planned NetSuite implementation. This individual will also have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes and controls, tracking our performance, and identifying new opportunities for improvements. We are looking for someone with the ability to think strategically about processes and best practices, but who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
As a Senior Accountant, you'll...
- Own the revenue recognition process, which includes responsibility for researching US GAAP-compliant treatment for one-off transactions and any new products launched
- Own COGS recognition, which requires an understanding of supply chain relationships, billing methodology, and working closely with internal Operations teams to assess margin analysis on a monthly basis
- Own accurate and timely month-end close procedures for certain key balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist with financial statement preparation, flux analysis and monthly reporting
- Accounting for multi-currency transactions and reconciliation of realized fx gains or losses
- Assist with upcoming NetSuite implementation
- Assist with quarterly and annual tax filings
- Identify opportunities for and assist in the design, documentation and implementation of process improvements and increased controls to support the company’s growing operations
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your area of responsibilities
- Coordinate with other department leads to support preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requirements
For this role, we're looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CA certification
- 5+ years experience, preferably with Big 4 and industry/relevant financial reporting experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations
- Desire to work in a fast growing and agile business, with an enthusiasm for learning and growth
- Resourcefulness, detail-oriented and motivation for solving problems and finding solutions
- NetSuite experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel with the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Clear and concise communication skills
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals