Senior IT Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Lob is in hypergrowth. In 2019 our headcount is growing by more than double. We’re hiring a Senior IT Engineer to help keep our employee base productive and secure. You will work with the VP of Engineering to build a technical team from the ground up and mitigate our scaling challenges through automation and engineering.
As the founding member of our IT team, you’ll automate processes, provide technical support to the team, manage the company’s network, and help our company grow.
Our team values agility, collaboration, and autonomy. We’re building a team of not just strong problem-solvers, but great collaborators who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on new problems that no other companies have solved before.
As a Senior IT Engineer,
- This as an engineering role first and foremost. You’ll automate away everything you can to mitigate our upcoming scaling challenges and help us grow.
- You’ll work directly with our Security team to harden our office network, endpoints, and online assets.
- You’ll be responsible for managing the office network and AV needs.
- You will supervise and streamline on-boarding and off-boarding by provisioning company assets and cloud services.
- You will purchase and track company assets, managing the IT budget in partnership with the VP Engineering.
- You will document IT processes, advocating for and teaching best practices.
- You will support our team with hardware and software issues, both online and in person.
For this role, we’re looking for...
- A track record of designing and automating scalable systems and processes, freeing you up to move on to the next problem.
- Deep knowledge of networking and security concepts.
- Strong prioritization. You are sensitive to both urgency and importance. You actively find problems to solve.
- Clear communication. You can teach technical concepts to non-technical colleagues. You can advocate strongly for your priorities and point of view while also soliciting and adapting new perspectives from partners. You are meticulous about documenting your projects to help others self-serve.
- A service mindset. You feel rewarded when empowering others to be effective.
- Strong prioritization. You are a problem-finder, not just a problem-solver. You have a track record of determining what high-priority upcoming needs are and advocating for them.
- Experience at high-growth, fast-paced companies.
- Experience managing MDM solutions. Nice-to-have: Experience with Okta, Jamf, G Suite, or JIRA.
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work.
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks