Head of Customer Success
Sales | San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs to simplify and automate enterprise workflows. Our most popular product is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. With a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings, Lob is looking for talented individuals to join our team and shape the future of our company.
Our goal at Lob is to build deep relationships and integrations with customers so that they can achieve high impact business outcomes through use and adoption of our technology. Our Customer Success team is responsible for ensuring the continued prosperity of our customers by ensuring that the usage and adoption of our products and services leads to realized and tangible value. Customer Success partners with key stakeholders around the company such as Sales and Product to ensure that customers continue to grow and expand their usage of Lob over time.
As our Head of Customer Success, you’ll...
- Build and lead a team of Customer Success Managers responsible for the day to day customer relationship in order to enable a successful customer journey by: driving product adoption, ongoing usage of Lob, promoting advocacy, and ultimately enabling business success through use of Lob products and services
- Measure, manage, and improve the health of Lob’s mid-market and enterprise customer base, ensuring the longevity and ultimate growth of these relationships
- Work closely with Product to define and drive our customer strategy.
- Understand customer needs, thoughtfully helping business leaders to identify opportunities to grow and expand (in partnership with Sales) their engagement with Lob.
- Develop customer segmentation strategies and frameworks that enables the team to stay hyper focus, prioritize, and make critical decisions swiftly
- Build, promote, and protect a company-wide culture of Customer Success
For this role, we’re looking for…
- Ability to influence and impact the product roadmap
- Track record of success coaching and developing high performing teams to greater heights
- Conviction that profitable customer relationships are built on respect & integrity, with growth and expansion resulting from nurturing relationships
- A highly collaborative team player with a high level of integrity
- An aptitude for quickly understanding and effectively communicating technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability
- You address obstacles, often requiring internal and external collaboration, and are able to navigate within a customer organization to build key relationships and unblock stuck deals
- You have the ability to navigate complex customer organizations, build key customer relationships and work to unblock obstacles along the way
- Strong business and analytical acumen
- 6+ years of account management, enterprise sales, customer success, or proven renewal responsibility
- 4+ years of people leadership experience
- Passion and motivation for supporting customer growth and experience transformation
- Technical and programming experience is a plus, but not required
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work.
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.