VP of Sales
Sales | San Francisco, CA
To remain competitive and succeed in today’s world, enterprises must embrace digital transformation and rethink every aspect of their businesses in modern terms. The role of technology is rapidly shifting, from being a driver of marginal efficiency to an enabler of fundamental innovation and disruption. Digital transformation has created an opportunity for innovation across all industries. From retail to life sciences to manufacturing, we are seeing a complete reinvention of products, services, and experiences being delivered to the market.
Lob's software platform automates age-old offline business processes in a modern, intelligent, and technology-forward way. Now you can program and control physical mail just like e-mail, from automatic triggers to lightning-fast delivery and everything in between. Enterprise companies use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media. The result? A more timely, relevant, and personal customer experience that's fully automated and trackable. If it's mail, Lob does it better.
As our VP of Sales, you'll...
- Continue to scale the company, growing to $100M+ in ARR
- Develop repeatable, predictable, and scalable sales processes and go-to-market strategy
- Establish and evolve KPIs and systems to operationalize the commercial business
- Work closely with Marketing to hone the overall company strategy and messaging to ensure it is clearly understood by customers, prospects, and partners while helping to define and enhance the pipeline of prospective customers
- Act as the voice of the market and influence / collaborate on product, pricing, and messaging
- Hire and retain world class talent while providing the leadership, coaching, and mentoring to inspire an ambitious sales culture which can aggressively achieve and surpass revenue targets
- Serve as a fully participating member of the executive team helping build and scale the company
For this role, we are looking for someone who...
- Is an experienced senior revenue leader who has hired and grown high functioning teams
- Has architected go to market foundation for a hyper-growth organization
- Has closed complex, enterprise grade engagements ($100k+; 4-6 month cycles)
- Has had success partnering across an executive team to build and shape strategy and the evolution of product innovations based on market feedback
- Is genuine, empathetic, humble, and values-driven team player and cross-functional collaborator
- intellectually curious and strategic thinker; direct communicator
- Are passionate about recruiting, motivating, and retaining high performing teams
- Are analytical and data-driven with a modern view on sales programs, technologies, and philosophies
- Are hungry, enjoy rolling up their sleeves and solving hard problems
- Well-funded: $29.4M raised from top-tier investors including Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.
- Experienced leadership: Lob’s executive team features seasoned leaders from companies such as Zuora, Airbnb, Microsoft, and Stitch Fix.
- Market traction: Triple-digit revenue growth; 450+ customers with marquee clients such as Walmart, Amazon, Facebook, Square, Capital One, and Booking.com.
- Market opportunity: Lob is poised to capture a large share of a $70B+ market. It’s a massive TAM.
- Category defining and leading technology. Deep, differentiated and proven IP with no competition in the space.