Senior Manager, Channel Partnerships
Business Development | San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an experienced leader who will create an ecosystem of strategic channel partners and programs that delivers incredible value to our customers and Lob. As the first member of our business development team, your work will include partner identification, recruitment, enablement, and account management. You will be forging partnerships across a variety of different use cases in targeted industry verticals to expand the reach of our offerings and value proposition.
You will work directly with our founders and leadership team to help develop Lob’s first channel partner program(s) which includes go-to-market support, certification and training programs, and a partner success team. These partners extend Lob’s capabilities using packaged applications or consulting expertise and are critical for our long-term success and sustained growth.
As our Senior Manager of Channel Partnerships, you’ll…
- Develop a deep understanding of the industries we’re operating in and help define our product vision and business strategy as it relates to channel partners
- Recruit and identify strategic partners that will support our go-to-market strategy and scale usage of Lob’s products
- Manage all aspects of deal execution with including prioritization of partners, strategic and product assessment, contract structuring and negotiation
- Own relationships and business planning with key partners including metrics/goal setting and solutions integrations
- Lead partner enablement and joint go-to-market plans for driving revenue growth
- Partner cross-functionally with marketing to execute against programs and events for channel pipeline and growth
- Develop, manage, and lead a team of partner managers to drive enablement, success, and delivery of partner solutions
- Track, measure, and report on metrics/goals (e.g. revenue growth, customer adoption), adjusting programs and strategies as necessary while continually assessing partner needs
- Execute partnership strategies and help establish a partner framework to enable our product and business strategy
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 8+ years of proven successful experience in business development, partner management, or channel sales in an enterprise B2B software environment
- 2+ years of experience leading high performing partnership teams
- Strong negotiation and deal-making experience with Fortune 100 / C-level execs
- Demonstrated success leading partner engagement plans and developing planning, metrics, and organizational structures to meet key performance metrics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and a consultative approach to addressing customer/partner needs
- Strong understanding of technical concepts (ideally APIs) and ability to explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise
- Extremely organized and persistent: never miss a follow up
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work.
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.