Senior Manager, Channel Sales
Business Development | San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an experienced leader who will create an ecosystem of strategic channel partners and programs that delivers incredible value to our customers and Lob. As the first member of our business development team, your work will include partner identification, recruitment, enablement, and account management. You will be forging partnerships across a variety of different use cases in targeted industry verticals to expand the reach of our offerings and value proposition.
You will work directly with our founders and leadership team to help develop Lob’s first channel partner program(s) which includes go-to-market support, certification and training programs, and a partner success team. These partners extend Lob’s capabilities using packaged applications or consulting expertise and are critical for our long-term success and sustained growth.
As our Senior Manager of Channel Sales, you’ll…
- Develop a deep understanding of the industries we’re operating in and help define our product vision and business strategy as it relates to channel partners
- Recruit and identify strategic partners that will support our go-to-market strategy and scale usage of Lob’s products
- Manage all aspects of deal execution with including prioritization of partners, strategic and product assessment, contract structuring and negotiation
- Own relationships and business planning with key partners including metrics/goal setting and solutions integrations
- Lead partner enablement and joint go-to-market plans for driving revenue growth
- Partner cross-functionally with marketing to execute against programs and events for channel pipeline and growth
- Develop, manage, and lead a team of partner managers to drive enablement, success, and delivery of partner solutions
- Track, measure, and report on metrics/goals (e.g. revenue growth, customer adoption), adjusting programs and strategies as necessary while continually assessing partner needs
- Execute partnership strategies and help establish a partner framework to enable our product and business strategy
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 8+ years of proven successful experience in business development, partner management, or channel sales in an enterprise B2B software environment
- 2+ years of experience leading high performing partnership teams
- Strong negotiation and deal-making experience with Fortune 100 / C-level execs
- Demonstrated success leading partner engagement plans and developing planning, metrics, and organizational structures to meet key performance metrics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and a consultative approach to addressing customer/partner needs
- Strong understanding of technical concepts (ideally APIs) and ability to explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise
- Extremely organized and persistent: never miss a follow up
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals