Content Marketing Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA
Lob is looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to lead our content marketing programs. In this role you will develop content that will expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, and lead pipeline.
This role will be responsible for creating, editing, and promoting educational resources, customer stories, and brand communications to make Lob a key destination for companies focused on APIs, direct mail, and address quality. You will develop the voice of Lob’s blog, produce high-quality content for both internal and external teams, and own the metrics around audience and lead growth.
As our first Content Marketing Manager, you will have an unprecedented opportunity to define and own content at Lob. The ideal candidate will establish a vision for differentiating and turning Lob’s blog into one of the leading resources for APIs, direct mail, and address quality. You are an individual with serious writing chops who lives for the thrill of being read by thousands and directly impacting major business initiatives. You are technical, creative, detail-oriented, and possess strong project management skills.
Lob embraces a high speed and customer-driven marketing culture. It is a place where you own your success and are fully supported in reaching the next level in your career.
As a Content Marketing Manager, you’ll...
- Execute and maintain a top-tier content strategy and output machine across the entire customer buying journey from thought leadership to product overviews
- Influence marketing campaigns and work closely with Demand Generation to effectively distribute content that drives results
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of our content by developing reporting, KPIs, and metrics for each content channel
- Serve as Lob’s in-house editor for both internal and external stakeholders and develop our editorial style guide, tone guidelines, and additional resources to ensure a cohesive brand voice across all deliverables
- Manage and create a rich content calendar that supports a regular cadence of various types of content including: blog posts, white papers, ebooks, reports, videos, infographics etc., that are aligned to our buyer journey
- Spearhead distribution and promotion strategy for content pieces with SEO, email, content syndication, and partnering with our demand generation team
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 4+ years of experience in a client-facing marketing role at a B2B company
- Experience crafting content for a technical audience. We don’t expect you to have written about CASS before (though it certainly would be a plus!); however, you’ll need to demonstrate you can successfully write for a specialized technical industry
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and under tight deadlines
- A portfolio demonstrating your experience creating content for a variety of mediums
- Relentless drive for rapidly iterating to continually improve results
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, both with customers, and within an organization
- Extremely organized and persistent: never miss a follow up
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media.
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth.
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks