Senior Sales Manager
Sales | San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs to simplify and automate enterprise workflows. Our most popular product is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. With a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings, Lob is looking for talented individuals to join our team and shape the future of our company.
Our Sales team owns the relationships with Lob’s largest customers that drive a significant portion of our revenue. The team needs to employ a high degree of critical and strategic thinking to educate buyers on novel ways of operating traditional workflows. Our team often serves in a consultative capacity as thought partners to customers to drive investments in technology that will scale out within their organizations over time. They are also highly collaborative, building strong cross-functional relationships internally to drive opportunities forward. Our Sales team strives to offer an incredible customer experience while building a lasting customer base that expands their usage over time.
This role requires a unique mix of tactical sales mastery and people development acumen. You are goal oriented and deeply passionate about team success and growth. You will build, coach, and run a diverse team of highly talented sales reps that are hungry for mentorship and continued career growth. You will do everything in your power to remove blockers and serve as an advocate for your team. This is a foundational role in the Sales organization that requires strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
As a Sales Manager, you’ll...
- Directly support a team of Account Executives that are collaborative and customer first
- Ensure the ongoing growth and development of your team including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring
- Participate in customer calls, presentations, and meetings as needed to help drive opportunities forward
- Conduct regular pipeline review and forecast meetings while coaching Account Executives on strategies to achieve their goals
- Run weekly team meetings to facilitate communications around wins, losses, opportunities for improvement, and collaborative problem solving
- Partner with Customer Success, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product and other cross-functional teams to develop active pipeline and drive strategy
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to report on sales activity and manage a regular revenue forecast
- Work alongside reps to identify product gaps surfaced by customers & prospects and ensure a healthy feedback loop to Product and Leadership
- Help your team generate pipeline by brainstorming and inspiring prospecting hypotheses, messaging, and strategies
- Carry a quota and ensure that the team is achieving key performance metrics and goals
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 7+ years of Sales experience, preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- 3+ years of Sales Management experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications, preferably around APIs
- Strong track record of selling software into Enterprise accounts and achieving personal and team goals
- Ability to grow business in a strategic manner including demand generation
- Excellent coaching, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Comfortable getting hands-on to help the team achieve its goals
- Bachelor's degree required
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media.
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth.
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks