Software Engineer Intern, Summer 2019
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Our first API helps you programmatically send physical mail at scale. Our second is address verification—officially CASS-certified by the USPS. But our long-term goal is to provide the building blocks for developers to automate the offline world through APIs. We’re looking for great problem-solvers to help us figure out how.
As an intern on our software engineering team, you’ll have a rare chance to create a direct impact on our products, while working on a modern infrastructure and receiving extensive training. You will be mentored and trained by senior engineers and Lob's founders to foster personal growth and a challenging but rewarding work environment.
Our engineering team values agility, collaboration, and autonomy. We’re building a team of not just strong problem-solvers, but great collaborators—engineers who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on new problems that no other companies have solved before. Come join the best people in the business.
As an intern at Lob, you will:
- Build new API product offerings from the ground up.
- Improve upon existing API offerings to offer the best possible services and experience to users.
- Develop systems that are scalable, maintainable, and secure.
- Take on challenging problems in distributed systems, cloud computing, API design, and more.
For this role we’re looking for:
- Experience working on the front or back end of web applications or APIs.
- Experience working with web technologies, for example:
- Relational databases
- Front end frameworks like React or Redux
- Completion of your junior year of BS/BA (or first year of MS) in Computer Science or a related field by the start of Summer 2019.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work.
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with developers in mind. Our flagship API enables companies to send postcards, letters, and checks as effortlessly as sending emails.
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable. We have over 5,000 customers ranging from startups to Fortune 10 companies. Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth.
- We give employees a lot of responsibility and the ability to help direct our product roadmap.
- Our great perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.