New Graduate Software Engineer (2019)
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Our first API helps you programmatically send physical mail at scale. Our second is address verification—officially CASS-certified by the USPS. But our long-term goal is to provide the building blocks for developers to automate the offline world through APIs. We’re looking for great problem-solvers to help us figure out how.
As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll design and implement great products on a modern infrastructure. You’ll take ownership of web-scale engineering challenges that affect millions of people.
Our engineering team values agility, collaboration, and autonomy. We’re building a team of not just strong problem-solvers, but great collaborators—engineers who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on new problems that no other companies have solved before. Come join the best people in the business.
As a new grad software engineer you'll. . .
- Design and create new API product offerings from the ground up.
- Improve upon existing API offerings to offer best possible services and experience to users.
- Develop systems that are scalable, maintainable, and secure.
- Tackle challenging problems in distributed systems, cloud computing, API design, and more.
For this role we're looking for. . .
- Experience working on the front or back end of web applications or APIs.
- Experience working with web technologies. It doesn’t necessarily matter which ones specifically if you know how to use them well. But, for what it’s worth, we like Node.js, Go, Elixir, Angular, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and most of the good parts of AWS.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field. Must graduate in 2019.
- Exceptional collaborators and communicators. At Lob, you win by helping others succeed. You have concrete examples of ways you’ve gone above and beyond to help the people around you meet their goals.
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with developers in mind. Our flagship API enables companies to send postcards, letters, and checks as effortlessly as sending emails.
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable. We have over 5,000 customers ranging from startups to Fortune 10 companies. Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth.
- We give employees a lot of responsibility and the ability to help direct our product roadmap.
- Our great perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks