Senior Partnerships Manager
Business Operations | San Francisco, CA
Lob is building a suite of APIs to simplify and automate enterprise workflows. Our most popular product is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. With a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings, Lob is looking for talented individuals to join our team and shape the future of our company.
Our goal at Lob is to surface complex real-world infrastructure to businesses of all sizes via robust technology products. Lob’s Partner Operations team owns the entire supply side of the business, which requires gaining a deep understanding of our supply chain partners and gleaning insights from their operating practices to drive our core product roadmap. The team implements rigorous operations management principles to derive and manage metrics like quality, speed, deliverability, and cost, all in service of delivering a world-class experience for Lob’s customers.
This role requires a unique mix of analytical and interpersonal skills. You will need to be comfortable using raw data to quickly understand trends in supply and demand, as well as the ability to manage and drive the performance of our production nodes based on those trends. You will need to set expectations and influence operating practices at the executive level, both internally and externally. Intellectual curiosity, relentlessness, a solutions-oriented mindset, and highly refined people skills are required in this role. This is an intense, business-side role which has a direct impact on the growth and scalability of Lob’s platform.
As a Senior Partnerships Manager, you’ll...
- Own partner growth by tracking and managing key performance indicators, working cross-functionally to remove blockers, and providing insight to leadership on relationship trends
- Synthesize partner feedback into creative insights that inform and influence Lob’s Product development initiatives
- Refine parameters for existing and future partner success through quantitative and qualitative analysis of partner performance
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, solving out complex business, technical, and legal issues on a daily basis
- Collaborate with product, engineering, legal, and leadership to launch products and partnerships
- Develop new strategies to grow partner network, reduce costs, increase margin, and manage risk
- Represent Lob in external meetings with executives from other companies
- Collaborate and build relationships at all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Desire and ability to travel 25% of the time
For this role, we’re looking for...
- Ability to create and execute complex projects in a fast-paced, growth-focused environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and influential affect to advance partnerships with external teams at an executive level
- Automation and partner-centric focus to influence the product roadmap direction and decision making
- Innovative attitude towards solving ambiguous and novel challenges on a daily basis
- Strong comprehension of complex business models and their tradeoffs to gain insight into shaping Lob’s long-term business solutions across different products
- 5-8 years of professional experience in product, consulting, business development/partnerships, or technical experience in enterprise technology
- SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media.
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth.
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks